– I’m Jason Bergstrom with Anytime Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing.
– Today, we’re going to talk about the importance of the location of your supply vents and the reason why they are very important being located where they are.
– A lot of customers will, in turn, have rooms they’re not using so much and start closing vents off into those rooms.
– That can actually cause problems most of the time.
– Depending on the home and the size of the system, it’s not a very good idea to start closing off the vents.
– For instance, if you start closing off vents on a system, that’s, say, five tons and you close off one or two rooms, that’s a very small percentage.
– But, if you have a smaller system, that’s a one and a half or a two-ton and you close off one or two rooms, that could be substantial.
– You could be closing off, you know, 25 to 50% of the ductwork.
– These systems have to have enough airflow.
– They could start having problems, if you don’t have enough airflow.
– So, things can happen such as, the furnace can overheat, the air conditioner can get too cold and freeze, and things of that nature.
– When contractors install the vents in the homes, they’re usually installed in specific locations, what is going to work best for that room.
– Blocking these vents with furniture or drapes or anything like that is a bad idea, as well.
– If you have any uneven temperatures in your house or any specific rooms, the first thing to look for is to make sure the vents are open.
– They’re not closed.
– Make sure they’re not obstructed in any way with any furniture or drapes or anything like that.
– If you’ve checked for these items, make sure your vents are open, fully open a hundred percent, and there’s nothing blocking the vents and you think that you have another problem that could be deeper, you can give us a call.
– We’ll be glad to come take a look at it for you.