A/C Maintenance: Timing is Everything
Nearly half of your energy bill is a direct result of heating and cooling your home. According to the U.S. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, this system cost more dollars to use than any other system in your house.
A pre-season maintenance appointment can ensure a properly running system and prevent costly, unexpected repairs. A certified Service Technician can help keep your heating and cooling system in good condition:
- Check the controls of the system to ensure that the system operates properly.
- Check refrigerant pressures and adjust the charge.
- Measure the voltage and current of the motors, and tighten any loose connections.
- Lubricate moving parts to prevent friction.
- Clean the evaporator and condensor coils. Dirty coils will decrease your heating and cooling system’s efficiency causing the system to run longer.
- Inspect the condensate drain for plugs to prevent water damage and bacterial growth.
- Clean the blower components to ensure proper air flow.
There are things that you can do in between appointments to maintain the efficiency of your heating and cooling system:
- Check your thermostat to be certain that your system turns on and off at the set temperatures.
- Change your filter on a monthly basis.
- Keep the area around your system well-landscaped and free of any overgrown bushes that may block airflow to your unit.
Anytime Heating & Cooling serves metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. Anytime HVAC service technicians are skilled in A/C repair and service; heating and cooling system maintenance; and the installation of new air conditioning units. The experts at Anytime Heating & Cooling are ready to help you anytime–offering 24/7 emergency service, scheduled appointments, and free estimates for new A/C systems. Call today (770) 504-5881 or visit us on the web at www.www.anytimehvac.com.