Top 8 Energy Saving Tips to Reduce Your A/C Costs During Atlanta Summers
Adjusting to Atlanta’s warmer temperatures can be daunting.
As a homeowner, protecting your home from the outside heat means being conscious of energy usage and more importantly, how much your monthly power bills cost.
If you’re dealing with an unreliable A/C unit, finding an Atlanta A/C maintenance company will be the first step in prepping for the warmer weather. However, keep in mind these top energy saving tips to reduce your monthly power bill as you cool down your home.
Tips to Help Reduce A/C Energy Costs
1) Update your home’s insulation. A strong insulation will help keep cool air in your home and the hot air out. Plus, this will help for similar reasons next winter.
2) Ventilate the attic. As outside temperatures rise, temperatures inside your home’s attic can soar above 150 degrees! Utilize vents to reduce heat build-up and to help avoid warmer air seeping through your ceilings.
3) Prepare your air conditioning unit. If you’re using a portable unit, take time to clean it before starting it up for the season. Clean the unit’s filters along with any hoses that might have accumulated dirt or dust during the cooler months.
4) Invest in a timer or programmable thermostat for your air conditioning unit. This will help control when your unit turns on and off. When away from your home, you’ll want to ensure that your system is cut off until you arrive back home.
5) Install awnings. Awnings help reduce the amount of sunlight that enters the windows of your home. Studies show that 55% of homes gain unneeded heat exposure through open blinds or uncovered windows.
6) Air out your home. During the days with bearable temperatures outside, open up your home’s doors and windows. This will allow you to save money, as you’ll be requiring less A/C run time.
7) Consider ceiling or box fans. Moving air always makes a home feel much cooler. Ceiling and box fans are often enough to keep rooms comfortable when trying to save money by leaving your air conditioning unit off.
8) Place lamps, TV sets and other heat-producing devices away from your air conditioning unit or thermostat. Heat from these devices can potentially cause your unit to read a higher temperature, causing it to continuously run in order to cool off what it thinks is the correct temperature inside.
Atlanta A/C Services
Perhaps the biggest tip for saving energy costs is making sure your air conditioning unit is functioning properly. This will greatly reduce your energy usage, taking a chunks off of your monthly power bills.
If you notice something wrong in the way your A/C system is cooling, it might be time for maintenance or repairs. To ensure you’re not wasting money on unnecessary cooling efforts, contact your local Atlanta A/C maintenance company, Anytime Heating, Cooling and Plumbing!
Problems can range from air duct leaks, to air conditioning coils being covered in dust and dirt. No matter the problem, an Anytime HVAC professional can help restore your unit’s capabilities.
Act fast! Call Anytime Heating, Cooling and Plumbing today at 770-504-5881.