When Should You Replace Your System?
Is it time for a new furnace or air conditioner? Should you repair or replace your system? There are a few good rules of thumb for deciding whether to purchase a new heating and cooling system and/or accessories.
- The system makes too much noise. This indicates a problem with the coil or possibly an undersized duct system.
- Your home is excessively dusty. If your ducts are leaking, dust particles will be pulled from attics, crawl spaces and basements. You may need to seal the ducts.
- Your home has excessive humidity. This could be the result of a poorly performing unit, leaking ducts, or inadequate equipment.
- Your equipment is more than ten years old. Consider purchasing and ENERGY STAR qualified unit. They are more efficient which save resources, and ultimately money. High efficiency systems can save you up to 20% on your electric bill.
- Certain rooms in your home are uncomfortable temperatures. This could be due to poor insulation, leaking duct work, or inadequate systems.
- You are frequently calling a service repairman. If your system breaks down more often or your energy bill is increasing, it is time to purchase a new unit.
- You do not have a programmable thermostat and are away from home for long periods of time. A programmable thermostat will allow you to set temperatures in your home for varying situations, such as short or long absences, thereby saving energy.
If you need help determining whether you need new heating and cooling systems or accessories, contact Anytime Heating & Cooling, Inc. Our knowledgeable staff of HVAC professionals will be glad to assist you.
Anytime Heating & Cooling serves metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. Anytime HVAC service technicians are skilled in A/C repair and service; heating and cooling system maintenance; and the installation of new air conditioning units. The experts at Anytime Heating & Cooling are ready to help you anytime–offering 24/7 emergency service, scheduled appointments, and free estimates for new A/C systems. Call today: (770) 504-5881 or visit us on the web at www.www.anytimehvac.com.